The IoT-enabled projects require two-way communication between the microcontroller and various sensors. There are various methods you can do that, Wired Communication, WiFi, and Bluetooth are some of them. The HC-05 Bluetooth Module adds wireless communication to your project to communicate via Bluetooth to any Bluetooth-enabled Laptop or Mobile Device. The module communicates at a 9600 baud rate via USART protocol. It can be used in applications like communication between two microcontrollers, data logging, wireless robots, wireless sensors data acquisition, and home automation.
Specification of Bluetooth Module HC-05
- Profiles: Bluetooth serial port Profile
- Dimension: 26.9mm x 13mm x 2.2 mm
- Bluetooth protocol: Bluetooth Specification v2.0+EDR
- Frequency: 2.4GHz ISM band, Range
- Modulation: GFSK (Gaussian Frequency Shift Keying)
- Sensitivity: -84dBm at 0.1% BER
- Speed: Asynchronous: 2.1Mbpsmax / 160 kbps, Synchronous: 1Mbps/1Mbps
- Emission power: 4dBm, Class 2
- Power supply: +3.3V, 50mA
- Security: Authentication and encryption
- Working temperature: -20°C to +75°C
The module has two operating modes Data mode and Command Mode. To connect it with your Arduino or Raspberry Pi connect the TX and RX pins to the controller and power the device with a VCC pin connected to a 5V pin. While in data mode it can send or receive data from other Bluetooth devices and in command mode it will change default device settings.
- Industrial Applications
- GPS receiver
- Computer and portable Devices
- Embedded Projects
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
- Datasheet of HC-05 Bluetooth Module
- HC-05-based Arduino Project
1×HC-05 Bluetooth Module
There are no reviews yet.