A kilo Ohm (KΩ) is a unit of electrical resistance in the International System of Units (SI). A 1/4w resistor is a type of resistor with a power rating of 1/4 watt. These resistors are commonly used in low-power electronics circuits for their compact size and affordability. The 1/4w rating indicates that the resistor can safely handle up to 1/4 watt of power without overheating or failing. The combination of a kiloohm resistance value and a 1/4 watt power rating make these resistors a useful component in a wide range of electronic projects and applications.
Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
- Voltage divider circuits: Kiloohm resistors can be used to divide voltage in circuits to create a desired voltage level for various electronic components.
- Current limiting: Resistors with a kiloohm resistance value can be used to limit the current flowing in a circuit, providing protection for sensitive components.
- Pull-up and pull-down resistors: Kiloohm resistors can be used as pull-up or pull-down resistors in digital circuits to provide a default state for inputs and outputs.
- Filter circuits: Kiloohm resistors can be used in filter circuits to reduce the amplitude of high-frequency signals, allowing for a clearer signal to be transmitted or received.
- Precision voltage measurements: Kiloohm resistors can be used in combination with other components to measure voltage levels with a high degree of accuracy.
- Blinking LED circuits: Kiloohm resistors can be used in blinking LED circuits to control the brightness and frequency of the LED’s flashing.
- Power distribution: Kiloohm resistors can be used in power distribution circuits to reduce voltage levels, providing a stable power source for components that require lower voltage levels.
- Resistance: 1KΩ
- Tolerance: 1%
- Maximum Working Voltage: 250V
- Maximum Overload Voltage 500V
- Temperature Coefficient: ±50 ppm/°C
- Operating Temperature Range –40 to 150°C
- Mounting Type: Through Hole
- Length: 6mm
- Width: 1.7mm
- Weight: 12gm
- Shipment Weight 0.01 kg
- Shipment Dimensions 7 × 9 × 0.1 cm