Methylene blue for microscopy Certistain®
- Chemical Name: Methylene blue
- Chemical Formula: C₁₆H₁₈ClN₃S * x H₂O (x=2-3)
- Synonyms: Methylthioninium chloride, 3,7-Bis(dimethylamino)phenothiazinium chloride, Tetramethylthionine chloride
- Overview: Methylene blue (C.I. 52015) for microscopy Certistain® is a dry dye that is used in bacteriology for an overview stain and as counterstaining for the Ziehl-Neelsen method in sample material of human origin. Bacteria appear blue. The dye has a further important application in hematology: Methylene blue and eosin are the main components of many staining solutions and dye mixtures. Certistain® is the product group for selected high-quality dyes that fulfill all quality requirements of IVD and CE registration.
- Molar Mass: 319.86 g/mol (anhydrous)
- HS Code: 3212 90 00
- Structure formula Image:
- Application: For microscopy Certistain®
- Hazard Pictogram(s):
- Hazard Statement(s): H302: Harmful if swallowed.
- Storage: Store at +2°C to +30°C.
- Brand: Merck
- Origin: Germany
- Click for More Information